A tradition of
excellence in the offering ......
The growing tradition of
excellence in music has brought in for the young members
of the School Band and School Choir much recognition and
applause in the past decade as they strive to maintain
the high standards in music education.
Training of the students for the school band begins at a
very young age. Trained by a professional Band Master
daily, the skills are developed through the year and the
children gain proficiency in a variety of instruments
which include the Base Drum, Side Drum, Trumpet, Bugle,
Clarinet, Bagpipe, Flute, The array of disciplined and
elegant musicians have stolen the hearts of many an
audience over the many years as they play synchronized
and in precision at important events exuding grandness
through their smart uniforms. True to the school motto,
Light begets Light, the new generation have taken the
light from their seniors as they propel forward.
Our Beloved Founder Principal Late Ms. Helen Jerwood.....
Jerwood was born on the 16th September 1879 at the England
Civil Parish, Little Bowden Rectory in Northamptonshire,
England, to Revd.
Frederick Jerwood who was the Rector of Little Bowden from
1874 to 1924 and Dorothea Elizabeth Jerwood. Ms. Helen
Dorothea Jerwood had an elder brother Henry two years older
and two younger brothers, Edward born in 1883 and John in
Dorothea Jerwood, the British Missionary and educationist
had come to India in her younger years with a zeal and
determination and set up numerous educational institutions
in the Country.
It was Godís
supreme plan to instill the vision of setting up a School in
this calm and serene Cantonment area of New Delhi in the
mind of this noble educationist. It was when she attained
the ripe old age of 80 years that the pioneer British
missionary gave shape to her vision in 1960, with strong
determination and undying spirit and established her last
venture, St. Martinís Diocesan School in the perfect
settings of the calm Delhi Cantt.